Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It Won't Be Boring!


Well everyone in this house is back to school....including me! And I have to say I am very excited about my students this year! It is definitely going to be one of the more challenging groups of kids I have had but they all seem so kind so I know we are going to make all kinds of progress.

One of the things that most excites me about the challenges is the amount of learning I am going to have to do this year. I have never had a group of kids in so many "categories" before. I have a student with diabetes....a severely hearing imparied student so they are putting an amplification system in my room and I get to wear a microphone (like I wasn't already loud enough...heehee).....3 students with some type of speech delay/impediment.....one little guy whose whole family are involved with gangs.....another student with an undiagnosed circumstance, I'm thinking it may be Aspergers Syndrome, remember 'Rainman', well this child is like that, brilliant but uncapable of any kind of interpersonal contact.....anyway these kids are awesome!

So even the teacher is going back to school this year....and I'm totally thrilled!

6 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, that does sound like an interesting mix! It's great that you are excited about them. I know that makes all the difference from the other side of the desk. :)

Laura said...

How exciting for you Julie! I hope you have a great school year!

Carolyn F said...

Julie, I never realized you were an EC teacher. That mix sounds like Duncan's room last year, with Duncan being the kinda/asperger's one.

Anonymous said...

It's SO WONDERFUL that you are so excited and open as a teacher. I am a teacher (biology-but on "break" since Dean was born.) Your students are so lucky to have you!!
Stay positive.

The Mom said...

Happy new school year to you!! :)

Amanda said...

Hey my friend, I've been thinking a lot about you this week, and other weeks as well. I will be talking with you soon. e- me some of the kids games We will come and watch. Maybe this weekend after Sam's game.

Amanda